Monday, April 26, 2010

Stewie:"_______" Brian: "I'm telling." Stewie: "What? I said vacuum!"

Alright people I know I have neglected to talk about Family Guy for quite a few entries! So shoot me. Like really, I will buy the shotgun and you can blow my brains out...or you can forgive me and appreciate that I am talking about them now. M'kay? I was so excited last night when I saw the On Demand FINALLY put Famguy back into the list of programs. I used to catch up on new episodes or reruns under "The Cutting Edge" area and Adult Swim subcategory. Then, for whatever reason that is still unknown to me, they got rid of all the episodes! What the fuck Comcast? Are you just so anti-Famguy? Seriously. You can put shiteous shows like Keeping Up with the Kardashians, 20,000,000 [...19] Kids and Counting, For the Love of Ray J, and 16 and Pregnant but not Family Guy?!? Come on now. We already know how offensive Famguy is, but really...at least it is witty and hilarious. The other shit is so fake and staged I am scared to see what television is going to turn into in another five years. I'm seriously scurred. Yes, I am channeling my inner Nelly. Don't hate.

Right. So, after breaking out the Pinot and jamming to some crappy Pop music I was really excited to sit down and watch Family Guy. School has kept me so busy that I have neglected to watch the show at all :(...Seth MacFarlane, please forgive me. I can make it up to you later. Ha, and that's what she said. "Not All Dogs Go to Heaven" was first on my list to watch. Being honest, I have probably only seen this episode two or three times. I need to catch up on the newer seasons. I am stuck in the old season rut. I just love this episode because Meg is featured and let's just get this out there...Stewie taking the entire cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation out for the day...priceless:

Stewie Griffin: This was exhausting. This whole experience was absolutely exhausting. You people have ruined "Star Trek: The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all fucking die.
Patrick Stewart: I still have five prize tickets from the carnival.
Stewie Griffin: There was nothing for five tickets! We've been over this! 

Of course I could mention the whole Wil Wheaton "H" play but every true Famguy fan knows that reference. Cool wHip. I just love how Meg gets the mumps. Oh Meg. Kirk Cameron is also a reoccurring reference on Famguy. JESUS IS HER SAVIOR! AMEN. Ha. Oh and of course Brian is an atheist. Lots of conflict goin' on here. A lot of people bitch this episode is not as funny or entertaining, but I disagree. The concept alone of giving Meg her own episode is ridiculously awesome. Plus we know how much Seth loves Star Trek and Star Wars so seeing him mess around with their characters and pissing Stewie off is brilliant.

Ummm...then I watched the "Untitled Griffin Family History." Still one of my favorite episodes Famguy has done. Meg is kidnapped by burglars and arrested for sexual harassment while Peter is retelling his family history. Switching Cleveland and Peter's skin color? Brilliant. "Hey Quagmire, I spy with my little eye, something brown!" "Wood!" "Yeah!" I still spit water out every time I hear that. And come on, how can you not be amused when you see the burglars ask Lois and Peter if Meg was seriously their daughter and not their son. "Really?" I think the creators do a great job making fun of all different types of humor and genres. They are fucking around with slavery and Nazism in a clever manner. I don't think anyone could do a better job than them. "Hey Addy, I'm ToJo!" I'm just hoping they get back on track with their comedic execution, because let's just face it...their past two seasons have kinda sucked.

Well, okay. They are doing better. Quagmire's baby was HILARIOUS. I just don't want them to lose their finesse. I understand they have been around for a long time, but look at The Simpsons. They are still cranking shit out and doing a great job doing so. **Although I must note...I do not really care for that show. Not that it sucks, I just prefer Futurama. That is a whole different entry!**
I am going to gladly watch On Demand again with my ginormous blanket and puppy dogs and smile that Comcast is not entirely stupid...not entirely.

--AJ
 

   

2 comments:

  1. people get REALLY MAD when I say this, but fuck the simpsons. they deserve all the respect they get, and I'm not even saying that the show has ever been bad or is bad now (I don't watch it) but Matt Groening needs to clamber down off his high horse and accept that there are other satirical cartoons on the air besides his. None of it is really slanderous but I've heard/read so many subtly offensive statements that he's made in regards to both Family Guy and South Park (which is my favorite show, personally). I guess it could all be in good fun between these writers, but it doesn't seem that way. it's annoying as shit.

    I still really love Family Guy... even though I very much agree with this image that I stumbled upon a while ago:

    http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_kuqcq6jqdc1qzbtv2o1_1280.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1272487149&Signature=GufPRPhXNks934hlybqeaCfs4sc%3D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see, I could reply to this post a number of ways. Actually MacFarlane and Groening are quite close and have a mutual respect for each other as writers and for each person's shows. They both really really hate South Park and those writers immensely. The Simpsons is by no means my favorite show or something I watch. I watched it when I was like ten or something.
    But seriously...watch Futurama then we can talk about Groening kicking some serious ass.

    And that image...
    well sure Famguy has gone down a bit and I openly admit it. But still.
    I can somewhat see where you are coming from, but I stand by my own.

    ReplyDelete